Question: I was wondering if you could do a blog post on your daily skincare rituals. I am getting married this summer and am looking to buy some new products.
Answer: I am obsessed with my skincare products. I am pretty much a broken record when it comes to my daily cleansing regime. It all depends on your skin type. I personally have combination to oily skin so all of these products work really well for my particular skin care.
1. Hot washcloth on face for 30 seconds to open pores
2. Mia 2 with Kiehl's Rare Earth Daily Deep Pore Cleanser.
3. Massage eyes for 30 seconds to a minute with the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
1. Hot washcloth to remove makeup
2. Mia 2 with Kiehl's Rare Earth Daily Deep Pore Cleanser
3. 1 pump of Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion (avoiding eye area)
4. Pat on Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment as instructed
1. Usually twice a week I use the Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque.
2. Use the Clean And Clear Acne Spot Treatment as needed. This stuff is amazing. It is clear so I kept this stuff in my back pocket when the wedding was coming up. I literally applied and reapplied it like it was my job as I got closer and closer to the big day because just as soon as you think you are "not going to be that girl that breaks out" you become a pizza face. Not cool. Ugh!
A few thoughts on my routine:
Mia 2- This product is amazing. It leaves you feeling like you just left the spa each and every time that you use it. It is a bit pricy but erases blackheads like you wouldn't believe and also just breaks down that dead skin. My mother-in-law was actually the one who got me this gadget, and I am forever grateful (and so is my healthy skin).
Kiehl's- I love these products. The Rare Earth is my favorite line because it has an awesome cooling factor and the daily cleanser is a scrub, and I need that to control my skin and its oily tendencies.
Moisturizing- I do not apply moisturizer before I put on my makeup. If you have normal to dry skin you will need to. I don't because I use a primer that if mixed with my moisturizer makes my skin a human slip and slide. It isn't pretty.
Eye Cream- massaging your eye cream into your under eye area is so important ... trust me .. Google it. I use the Bobbi Brown eye cream in the morning because it is lighter and goes well with my Bobbi Brown makeup. I use the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment at night because it is thick and has an interesting texture that makes your eyes feel amazing but sometimes doesn't mix so well with under eye concealer.
Hope this helps!
Do you have any products that you love that you think I am missing out on?
Let me know!